May 2018

May 2018

Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Decor

Just finished my home decorating for summer and had to share. I'm very pleased with the results and especially like how my new display hutch turned out. Enjoy!

This vignette sits on the small foyer cabinet.

The dining room hutch now displays my summer trinket boxes.

I decided to keep my Easter white rabbit on the kitchen
table and just swapped out the wooden eggs for seashells.


The new display hutch is now all about summer and the beach.

The 3D puzzle we bought years ago in Playa del Carmen, Mexico sits on top.

The first open shelf includes a print I bought in Disney World and
my two Jim Shore summer figurines. In this picture you see the Jim Shore pelican.

The left side of the top shelf.

The right side of the top shelf with the Jim Shore dolphins figurine.

Sitting on the middle open shelf is the frame I bought this week
from Hobby Lobby. The picture is one my daughter took
of the boys last week while they were in Vero Beach.

The mini albums I created of our 2012 and 2013 trips
to Sanibel are now on display on the bottom open shelf.

Behind the glass doors, the two glass candy dishes we bought
years ago in Cozumel, Mexico are finally displayed properly with back-lighting.

On the bottom shelf behind the left glass door
sit the sea turtle and dolphin trinket boxes I found in Sanibel.

And here's the second candy dish.

The pottery in the top left of this picture we bought from
the artist in Maui. The finish is a bit gritty with a beautiful shine.

This basket sits on our hearth.

Just the addition of a starfish turned this
vignette on the mantel into a summer display.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Very beachy everywhere! When I was a kid we used to vacation sometimes in Florida (from Minnesota). It was like another world to us. When I see seashells I can almost hear the waves and smell the salt air to this day. :)