May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Switched At Birth

Many times throughout my life I've been at odds with one or more of my siblings or parents. And I can't remember a time I ever felt extremely close to any one of them. When I hear about or see siblings who are also friends, or an adult who eagerly spends time with their mother or father, I'm amazed. Truth is, when it comes to my family, I often feel I must have been switched at birth.

I know my feeling of disconnect is why I'm such a fan of Harry Potter. Even at 62, I'm still dreaming of a Hagrid showing up one day and telling me, "Your a wizard, Dianne!"

1 comment:

Rita said...

I am not close to my family, either--parents or two younger siblings. We always seemed to all be hearing different drummers. Probably why I treasure being close to Dagan and Leah so much and am so grateful that we get along so well. Also why I have no trouble giving them a lot of space--LOL! ;)