May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Ready for 2014

After working out and dealing with some EOY tax stuff, I decided to tackle my craft room this afternoon. My craft table is hidden under holiday odds and ends and IKEA items. In order to clear it, I need to clean, purge, and reorganize my closet and shelves. I doubt this project will get done this year! LOL

But I really want a cleared table by tomorrow afternoon because I've decided to use a physical planner in 2014. I'm a visual hands-on person and feel the digital planners I've been using for several years won't work for this year's intentions. In 2014, I want to keep closer track of spending, set timeframes for creative projects, and schedule more physical activity. And the planner needs to be in the craft room because I spend more time there these days than in the home office.

I'm looking forward to the new year in a way I've never felt before. I suspect it's because 2014 will be the first year in many I won't have to manage mom's finances and health care. Also, in 2014 we will submit our final tax return for the business because I closed the books March 30, 2013. Plus the next home improvement project may not happen in 2014, but, if it does, it should only take a few days.

Yes, I have a good feeling about 2014. I just pray my instincts are correct!



No comments: