May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, December 8, 2013

December Daily – Day 8

Sunday, December 8

For the last two years, hubby and I have enjoyed The Lafayette Square Holiday Parlor Tour. I was so looking forward to the tour, again, this year but, sadly, we had to pass. I'm still too sick and the weather is still too frigid. Apparently we had really lucked out the last couple of years with sun and above-freezing temperatures.

But, although I'm still moving at slow speed, we did manage some holiday cheer today. This afternoon we brought up the deer that sit in our sunroom all winter. It's nice to see their lights at night while we sit in our family room instead of looking into a big black space.

This picture gives you a view of most of our backyard. Our backyard together with the neighbor's equals nearly a half acre. It's an unusual amount of land for our area, which consists mainly of typical subdivision lots.

In the summer, all the dead brush you see fills in nicely with new growth and we can't see the yards and homes behind us. I'm not an outdoors person, but I do enjoy my privacy. Finding this home 30+ years ago was a true blessing.


1 comment:

Rita said...

The fact you still love your home after 30 years is a wonderful thing. I love little lights in the darkness--even when it's not Christmas. And a basically private backyard--what a blessing. :)