May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, December 7, 2013

December Daily – Day 7

Saturday, December 7

The sun's out, but the high temperature for the day is predicted to be only in the mid twenties. That's cold for the St. Louis area, especially this early in the season. The snow we got Thursday night and, off and on, throughout the day yesterday is still here and more is expected tomorrow.

The frigid weather together with not feeling well is making me grateful I started preparing for Christmas months ago. I had 98% of the gifts purchased and wrapped before Thanksgiving. And the bulk of the Christmas cards were in the mail December 1. And, except for the new mercury glass trees I added to the mantel yesterday, all the decorating was done by December 2.

All that's really left to do is cook and serve Christmas Eve lunch.  Anything else is "icing on the cake." In other words, it's stuff that doesn't really need to happen, so there's no pressure. It's all just fun stuff.

An example is coming up with craft projects to do with the grandsons, especially Jonah since we're together all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Today I gathered all the supplies for this Trinity ornament. I already had the pipe cleaners and ribbon, so the only purchase was the bag of Christmas beads I got at Michael's with my 25% off coupon. Jonah loves to string beads, so I know he'll enjoy this project. Thanks, again, YouTube!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Wow! You are so prepared that you can get sick and not be worried about Christmas! You're awesome! My aunt is like that. She has all her Christmas presents done and wrapped before Thanksgiving, etc. Blows my mind! ;)
I sure hope you get to feeling better soon, though. The bead stringing looks like great fun! :)