May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December Daily – Day 18

Wednesday, December 18

I wasn't sure I would make cookies this year, but decided they would be as good as any dessert after our Christmas Eve lunch. So, this morning, I made the dough for Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Cranberry Noels. I froze the dough for the Cranberry Noels to bake off Monday. The Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies I'll bake this afternoon and then freeze.

Cranberry Noels are my favorite homemade cookie. I only make them once a year because they are way too tempting. And, unfortunately, the grandsons won't eat them because of the pecans, leaving all the calories to the adults.

But since I don't put nuts in the Salty Chocolate Chunk Cookies, the boys will devour them. I don't blame them. Awhile back, I tested several chocolate chip cookie recipes and Bon Appetit's was the clear winner. That little bit of salt that hits your tongue just before the gooey chocolate chip cookie is the magic.

Yep, these cookies will do nicely for Christmas Eve dessert!


1 comment:

Rita said...

I agree with the grands--those chocolate chunk ones would be my choice, too. Merry Christmas!! :)