May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

December Daily – Day 17

Tuesday, December 17

Jonah picked out tags for himself
and his brother to hang on their
bedroom doors. I then added their
names on the back.
While Jonah was watching a Thomas the Tank Engine Christmas show this morning, I assembled tags. I had been hoarding Mickey Mouse coasters for close to ten years, following a trip to Disney World. My daughter's family is Disney crazy, so when I uncovered the coasters recently I decided to cut circle mats for them, using my Cricut. Now Emily can use the coasters for gift tags, ornaments, or (Jonah's idea) door hangers.

These woodland trees turned
out cuter than expected.
Next Jonah and I decorated woodland trees I made by gluing snow-cone cups to toilet paper rolls. I punched circles from my holiday paper scraps and ran them through my 2" Xyron. To get the circles to stick 100% to the waxed cones, we should have used a stronger adhesive. When working with Jonah, however, I always want the project to be simple with little-to-no mess. Besides, because some of the circles have areas sticking up, I think the trees look more whimsical.
Even without seeing the mice,
these trees are cute and festive.

You'll notice there is a mouse hiding under two of the trees. While I had my Cricut out yesterday, I played a little. When I made them, I had no idea how I would use the mice. But they ended up fitting nicely under the trees and look adorable!




No comments: