May 2018

May 2018

Monday, November 11, 2013

Catching Up

Can't believe it's been a week since my last post! What have I been doing? Well, I've been busy and productive.

I finished all my Thanksgiving cards and made a Halloween mini album for a little girl who's having a first birthday on Thanksgiving. I'll put pictures on my other blog soon.

I also finished all my Christmas shopping except for a few gift cards, which I'll purchase after another payday. I did all of dad's holiday shopping, too, including gift wrapping everything.

I've also been participating in the 50+ class at the community gym twice a week. I especially like the Monday and Friday classes, which are a combo of aerobics and strength-training. Wednesday is a step class, which I don't mind missing. I just have a terrible time keeping up with the choreography. Besides, I need at least one Jonah-free day for appointments and errands.

Last Wednesday, I had a nearly two-hour dentist appointment. I had three fillings on my left side replaced. Next month, I'll have two on the right side replaced. The dentist was so kind, but I was miserable. My jaw locks during dental work, which is extremely painful. I took a Benadryl to help mellow me out during the procedure, but don't know if it helped. It did, however, give me a sound ninety-minute nap after I got back home.

Of course, I've also been spending a lot of time with the grandsons, Elliott before and after school and Jonah all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This week I'm watching at least one boy late everyday. Emily is taking several students to a journalism convention in Boston and Mike doesn't get home until 6:00 P.M. I'm praying Jonah takes good naps. If he doesn't, Tuesday and Thursday are going to be very long days.

So those are most of last week's highlights. Have a good week, everyone!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Cards, presents--boy! You are really on the ball over there. The dentist visit, though--awk!! That sounds horrible having your jaw lock up like that! I'd wait a month inbetween, too.

Grandson time, though--special. Exhausting, but so very special. I hope you are having a great week. :)