May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, November 17, 2013

New Experiences With Old Friends

Yesterday we continued our effort to try new eateries in the St. Louis area. A couple we've known for over 40 years, who live in Columbia, Missouri, joined us as they were in town for a spontaneous weekend getaway.

We met on The Loop, which is a six-block strip filled with restaurants and shops. We started with lunch at Three Kings Pub. The food was good and reasonably priced, with specials that included $2 beers!

Next we walked half a block to Blick Art Materials. I've heard a lot about Dick Blick stores on numerous YouTube paper-crafting channels, but had never been to one. I was not disappointed. I went armed with a 30% off one full-price item coupon downloaded from their website that I used on a tin of two-sided colored pencils for Elliott's stocking. I also got a t-square ruler and a tin of Blick's artist-grade colored pencils for myself.

Then it was time for more conversation and dessert, so we headed to Piccione Pastry, a block from Blick Art Materials. Conveniently, I had gotten a Groupon Piccione offer in my email yesterday morning. For $5 we got $10 worth of pastries and drinks, and I was able to purchase two coupons, one for us and one for our friends. Piccione's offers delicious authentic Italian pastries, and their portions are generous. We will definitely be back!

With little-to-no planning, we ended up having a fun afternoon of new experiences with old friends. You simply have to appreciate when that happens!

1 comment:

Rita said...

How great to have a day out with old friends!
Of course, I am especially envious of your trip to Dick Blick! I can't complain because they have even more available online than in their stores--but it is so different being surrounded by aisles of art products you can see, smell, and touch. ;) Sounds like a wonderful day!