May 2018

May 2018

Monday, November 4, 2013

More Home Improvement

We now have a new floor in the foyer. The original plan was to have the foyer floor done along with the kitchen's. During the kitchen demo, however, I decided one room at a time made more sense. It was a wise decision. There was so much foot traffic and equipment hauling through the foyer during the kitchen remodel, I would have been constantly fretting about my new floor getting damaged in the process if we would have done them simultaneously.

Since the kitchen took longer than planned, I wouldn't have minded putting off the foyer until after the holidays except for the fact the tile was stacked in the dining room. So, after three days work, the foyer floor now matches the new kitchen floor and looks beautiful!

I'm now waiting to hear from the general contractor about when they can trim and paint the foyer. In the meantime, I'm, once again, tackling thick dust primarily in the dining room. Since I normally do a thorough cleaning of the dining room only twice a year, once before Thanksgiving and again before Easter, I'm getting a little tired of cleaning that room over and over again.

But I do see the "light at the end of the tunnel." So I guess I just need to keep looking forward!

1 comment:

Rita said...

Love to see a picture. :)
Light at the end of the tunnel sounds very good!