May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Outnumbered

On a normal Tuesday and Thursday, I watch Jonah all day and get Elliott on and off the bus. After school, Elliott's bus drops him off at 3:15 P.M. That means I have both boys for a solid 45 minutes, twice a week, before Emily picks them up at 4:00 P.M.

One on one, I usually enjoy being with my grandsons. Together, however, they are wild and loud, and out of control. By the time Emily gets here on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I'm completely drained from enforcing "time outs" and speaking sternly in an attempt to be heard above the chaos.

Two years ago, I said I would no longer watch both boys together by myself, except for the short period of time before and after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. At the time, I decided I could somehow get through those short periods, and expected they would improve as the boys matured.

Well, it's now two years later and no better. In fact, it's wilder and louder. God give me strength!


No comments: