May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, October 12, 2013

A Day in the City

Today we got back to our mission of trying "new to us" St. Louis restaurants. We started the day with brunch at Brasserie by Niche in the Central West End. Jim had their quiche and I had Eggs Benedict. Both dishes were good, but not enough for us to plan a return visit anytime soon. Although I wouldn't mind trying their dinner menu sometime, especially the goat cheese tart. For our last meal in Paris, I had a goat cheese tart in a brasserie across the Seine from Notre Dame Cathedral. My mouth still waters when I think of it!

Next stop was the Soulard Farmers Market. You might remember we visited the market just a few weeks ago. Since we were close, I was eager to return and see if I could get another yummy watermelon before the season's over. The same gal helped me, so I'm hoping she picked another good one. We also got an acorn squash, a couple of enormous red bell peppers, and some pumpkin walnut goat cheese.

After visiting the market and walking around Soulard a bit, we got drinks and shared an appetizer of fried Irish pies at Llywelyn's Pub. The weather was perfect for eating outside while people watching.

We had a nice day in the city and got home in time to watch another St. Louis Cardinals win. Go Cards!



No comments: