May 2018

May 2018

Monday, August 5, 2013

We're Home!

Last week was our annual trip to Sanibel Island with my daughter's family. We always stay in a lovely condo at Sanibel Moorings. Click here for online photos, but the images don't do the unit justice. It's so comfy, roomy, and well done, I could easily live there year-round.

Our week was filled with playing in the sand, looking for shells, touring the island, indulging in local cuisine, and hanging out in the condo. I did my part to entertain the boys by bringing several craft projects, which they both enjoyed. And, this year, the boys were big enough to participate in the "Make It and Take It Bead Bracelet" event held every Thursday at Three Crafty Ladies.

My son-in-law gave my daughter a new camera right before we left, so she literally took 1000s of photos. Here are just a few of my favorites:

Love this photo of Elliott (7) and the perfect rainbow!
Every trip includes shopping at She Sells Sea Shells.
Here's Elliott displaying a grandma project, a sea turtle bag puppet.
Jonah (3) was very serious about his bead bracelet.
Mid week we took a nature cruise and netted and dug up sea creatures.
Jonah wanted to hold and touch everything!
In the gulf near our condo, we found 100s of sand dollars.
Every beach outing included building sand castles
or forts, always with a moat.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I checked out the links--gorgeous place! Looks like such fun and the kids were all having the best time. Wow! Nice!! :)