May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

New Kitchen Floor

The new kitchen floor is in and the team from Brewers Flooring did a great job. It's absolutely beautiful!

We've debated (well, mostly me with myself) almost every component of the new kitchen except the floor. I saw this floor three years ago and immediately knew it would be perfect for our space.

Wood floors have been "in" for many years, but I hate the unique care they require. Even the engineered woods need a special cleaner. And then there's the risk of planks separating as the wood shrinks under certain temperature conditions.

So when I found porcelain tile that looks like 6"x3' hand-scraped wood, I knew it was our answer. We now have the look of wood that's as easy to clean as our old ceramic tile floor!

American Heritage Tile Planks – Spice

1 comment:

Rita said...

Gosh! That really does look like a rich wood floor. That is really something. I love it! :)