May 2018

May 2018

Monday, July 22, 2013

2013 Pumpkin Patch

I love pumpkins. Besides the fact they herald fall, my favorite time of year, their color and shape just make me smile :)

Last year I got the idea to grow a pumpkin patch in our backyard. I knew I would enjoy watching the patch grow as fall got closer and closer. And I thought my grandsons would enjoy it too. It was a big hit with the entire family, and we harvested enough pumpkins for everyone, seven pie pumpkins and seven Jack-be-Littles.

This year we planted our seeds a little earlier. That together with the wet spring and early summer seems to have made the 2013 patch very happy. The vines are growing several inches everyday and we have many blossoms. We even have a pumpkin already!

I took these pictures last week. The vines are longer now and the pumpkin has tripled in size!






1 comment:

Rita said...

Those pumpkin plants really spread out! Looks like you should have a good harvest this year, too. :)