May 2018

May 2018

Friday, July 19, 2013

Bonjour!

Isn't this the perfect set for a French kitchen's breakfast area? I love it!

In addition to this set, two matching
counter stools were ordered yesterday.

I'm so grateful to not be working through the kitchen remodel. Everyday there are challenges to solve and questions that need quick answers. Thank you, God, for my sometimes annoying attention to detail and organizational skills!

The big push this week is to prepare the kitchen for floor installation on Monday. The room was completely gutted, including the removal of the old ceramic tile (loud and dusty!), by the end of the work day Wednesday. Yesterday, the carpenter began framing the windows and met with the electrician.

Also on Thursday, the interior designer came to the house and, with the carpenter, we determined the size and shape of the built-in banquette. Then Ann and I had a very productive meeting. She agreed the table and chairs I found were perfect. And we finally decided on the window treatment. 

Another activity for me this week was listing old kitchen items on Craigslist. I listed the old double ovens at 8:00 A.M. on Wednesday as a free item that needed to be picked up by 4:00 P.M. Within 10 minutes I had three responses and the ovens were hauled off by 10:00 A.M.!

I then listed the cooktop and sink later on Wednesday. Both were sold and gone, including the faucet, by 4:30 P.M. yesterday.

Slowly but surely, the kitchen remodel is moving along. But, as a person who can visualize the end result, I'm getting more and more eager to see, use, and live in my new cooking space. I guess it's a good thing I have so much to keep me busy. There's always a silver lining.



1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh, how exciting! That is such a cute little table and chairs--and, yes--reminds me of pictures I've seen of French outdoor cafes. You should be taking pictures!! I hope you're taking pictures!! :):)