May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Movie Review


Today I saw Epic with my seven-year-old grandson and daughter. Here's what I learned:

  1. 3D in an animated film is kind of cool, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $3.50 added to the ticket price. 
  2. 2013, at least in the animated world, is the year of the slug and snail. Both had key parts in Epic and will be main characters in Turbo coming out next month.
  3. There's no new story, but we all knew that. The similarities of Epic to Star Wars, however, were so clear, it was actually fun seeing how many we could fine.

There are several animated films being released this summer, so I suspect I'll be wearing those 3D glasses, again, soon. In the meantime, I'd better start saving. After what I spent today for a movie ticket and popcorn, cable looks like one heck of a bargain!

1 comment:

Rita said...

It has gotten so expensive to go to the movie theater anymore. Sometimes I wonder how they stay in business. Maybe that's why they are doing the 3D movies--because they would be so much better on a big screen? There is something about seeing a movie on the big screen in a crowded theater, though. I would hate to see them vanishing the way of the drive-ins. :)