May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grandma Date

The older my oldest grandson, Elliott, gets, the busier his schedule becomes, making it tough to find time for sleepovers at grandma's house. For example, during the last two weeks, he's had Lego camp and swim lessons (when he wasn't sick) as well as a couple of play dates. And next week, Elliott's going to Wolf Camp at the Endangered Wolf Center. But, yesterday and last night, I finally got to spend some good one-on-one time with Elliott, which was so much fun!

This modern-day TV tray works great
as a portable craft table.
At 11:00 A.M., I picked Elliott up from Lego camp and we had an early lunch at Steak 'n Shake. We then drove to St. Charles to give my dad his Father's Day gifts, which was especially nice since great-papa hadn't seen Elliott in several months.

By late afternoon, Elliott and I were set up in the family room with two Table Mate tables, doing paper crafts while watching Harry Potter movies. I wish I had taken a picture. Our portable craft tables were full of paper, scissors, crayons, and glue. We had a great time!

This morning, we had chocolate chip pancakes, and created and decorated mini books from single sheets of 12x12 paper. Elliott also had a little time for Lego play before papa took him to his afternoon play date.

I loved every minute of my one-on-one time with Elliott. I definitely need to call Elliott's social manager right away to set up more grandma dates before the end of summer. Because, already, summer seems to be flying by!


1 comment:

Rita said...

That does sound like quality fun! It made me remember what a great time Dagan and I had while he was growing up. We still enjoy each other's company and make each other laugh. Yup--I think you need to get out the calendar! ;)