May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Always "On Call"

Within three days of my grandsons being home after a week's vacation, I've been called into action twice!

Starting Sunday night, Elliott was puking every 30-60 minutes. By Tuesday, my daughter decided he needed to see the doctor. That means, Jonah ended up spending most of the day with grandma, which included taking him to his first swim lesson.

Then, by yesterday afternoon, Elliott was running a 103-degree fever and woke from a nap unable to form words and hallucinating. My daughter was hysterical and ended up driving her car into a garage wall. That's when I called 911. After an IV provided much-needed hydration, Elliott was released and told to start eating and drinking more. Understandably, he had been hesitant to do either after all the puking!

Hubby and I left the ER at 5:00 P.M. to pick up Jonah from daycare and take him to dinner. My daughter then picked up Jonah from grandma's around 7:30 P.M. after Elliott was released.

Clearly, living near my grandsons means I'm "on call" 24/7 seven days a week. But I wouldn't want it any other way!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Oh goodness! That was scary with the fever and hallucinations! I'm glad he was okay and grandma was at the ready. :)