May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's a Go!

The kitchen remodel's a go and I'm extremely excited. Like most people undertaking such a big home improvement project, our budget is tight. Nevertheless, I believe we can still create a more functional and eye-pleasing space. For sure, we can get rid of the "country" look I've been over for years.

I've already logged hours of research and expect to do much more. But I'm hopeful the kitchen will be completed this summer and not carry into the fall. So far, we've hired the kitchen designer and general contractor. We've also finalized the floor plan and chosen the flooring.

I'll share our progress as the project unfolds. To begin, here are the "before" pictures:

View from the doorway between the kitchen and family room.
View from the laundry room.
From this corner, you see the doorway to the laundry room on the right
and the doorway to the family room straight ahead.
Have a beautiful Mother's Day!



1 comment:

Rita said...

Now that's a Mother's Day gift!! How exciting! I hope you show the in progress pics, too. :)