May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 18, 2013

It's a Different Spring

I'm still having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact the school year ends this week and next weekend is the unofficial start of summer. But I finally realized why.

This is the first spring in 25 years we haven't owned a pest control business. That means this is the first spring in a long time Jim isn't averaging 12-hour work days, seven days a week. And I'm not working 25 hours a week on the books in addition to managing all my other responsibilities.

Jim's working more hours than we had hoped at his new job, but it's still less than when we owned a business. And the work is not nearly as stressful. Plus, he's now able to have some fun on the weekends and even get some chores done.

I'm also enjoying the reduced stress in our lives. I now have more time for other interests and can be more "in the moment" when I'm with my grandsons. Plus I haven't been grinding my teeth at night!

We're definitely still adjusting to our new life. But, for sure, it's been a change for the better.

1 comment:

Rita said...

What a wonderful change for your lives!! I can just hear the relief. so happy for you all. :):)