May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hello Summertime!

Today is the last day of the 2012-2013 school year. That means, for the next 11 weeks, Monday through Friday, I do not have to get up before 7:30 A.M. to get my oldest grandson to school. And, for the next 11 Tuesdays and Thursdays, I do not have to watch my youngest grandson all day.

I'll still see the boys a lot this summer. But I'll be off Grandma Daycare duty, letting my daughter deal with all of the meltdowns, naps, snacks, meals, and cleanups.

As my respite begins, I'm not looking past tomorrow morning when I plan to sleep well past 7:30 A.M. After that, there's still plenty of time to make to-do lists and schedule appointments. Let summertime begin!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Aha! Yes! A well-deserved summer vacation for grandma! Enjoy!! :) :)