May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Perseverance Pays Off

My feet have several challenges.  I have a frozen toe joint in my right foot and a huge bunion on the left foot.  Plus both feet are double wide.  Because we do a lot of walking when we travel, however, I really don't want to give up walking as a fitness option.  And I seem to be doing OK.

Even though we used the public transportation in Paris a lot this last trip, we still walked several miles every day.  And I was pleased to be nearly pain-free for most of it.  Plus any little discomfort I had was easily fixed by taking a break and an ibuprofen pill.

I, therefore, decided to keep up my walking regimen when we returned.  But I really needed a true fitness walking shoe, so I started another online search.  I'd looked for walking shoes many times before, but always ended up ditching or returning them.

This time I ended up taking a chance on the Easy Spirit Romy and I'm thrilled to report it works great for me.  I now finally have a shoe that gives me support and bounce when I hit the sidewalk for my brisk neighborhood walk.

Unless you've walked in my shoes (pun intended), you have no idea what a big deal finding a comfortable shoe is.  Believe me it's huge and I'm glad I persevered!


1 comment:

Rita said...

OMG! YES! I have wide feet, plantar fasciitis, arthritis, fibro and my arch must not be the regular or common because the arch support so rarely ever hits in the right place. Comfortable shoes make all the difference in the world. Congrats!! And all the best on your walking routine, too. :)