May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lucky Me

This morning I'm feeling very lucky. On my afternoon neighborhood walk yesterday afternoon, I slipped on a patch of mud on the sidewalk and my left leg and arm hit the concrete. A passing car slowed, but didn't stop. How can people behave like that?

Anyway, I managed to get up, so surmised nothing was broken, and walked home very slowly. I then took a couple of ibuprofen, but the soreness began to set in quickly. By late evening, I could barely lift my left arm. And, despite taking a couple of aspirin with a sleep aide before bed, I woke all night every time I rolled on my left side.

This morning, my arm was so sore I forced myself to do some exaggerated moves to make sure nothing was broken. Fortunately, within an hour of being up and moving, my arm was 80-percent better!

I'm feeling extremely lucky and grateful. And the weather is warmer with full sun. It's a blessed day!


1 comment:

Rita said...

OMGosh! I hope it is still okay?! Falls can really do some damage. I hope you came out unscathed. :)