May 2018

May 2018

Friday, April 26, 2013

$113.33

Just about any day I use cash, I come home and dump my coins in one of three antique syrup pitchers. When all three pitchers are filled, I bag up the coins and take them to the bank. But before bagging, I add up my stash.

Tonight's count came to $113.33. I'll use 33 cents as seed money for my syrup pitchers, and keep one dollar coin because I'm a little superstitious about the number 13. The remaining $112 is going into the savings account.

It took me approximately a year to fill the three pitchers this time. I'm using my debit card more for purchases these days than for ATM withdrawals. Nevertheless, saving coins is an easy practice that pays off, so I plan to keep on collecting my loose change.


(UPDATE: I can't get over how quickly my arm recovered from the fall, especially since it was extremely sore that evening and throughout the night.  All that's left of the incident is a bruise the size of a softball on my left hip that hurts when I touch it. But it doesn't keep me from doing anything. Again, feeling very lucky and blessed!)

1 comment:

Rita said...

Until I was housebound I did the same thing with this huge old amber apothecary jar. It still has about 3-4 inches of pennies in it and these last eight years has transformed into the most useful door stop!

You really are lucky! Angels were watching over you and healing you while you slept. ;)