May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Quick Sales

Carlos Beltran
Bobblehead
For Christmas, I gave Jim tickets to today's St. Louis Cardinals game. As luck would have it, unknowingly I had bought tickets to Bobblehead Day. The first 25,000 people entering the stadium received a Carlos Beltran bobblehead.

Since we're not collectors, as soon as we got to our seats, I listed the bobbleheads on Craigslist, using my iPhone. Within an hour, I got a buyer who asked if I was at the game. Turned out he was too, but had arrived too late to get a bobblehead. Jim quickly met him within the stadium and the sale was made!

Just yesterday I started listing items on Craigslist in an attempt to make some extra cash. This morning, a buyer came to the house to pick-up my Yadier Molina bobblehead from 2007, so that was also a quick sale.

Motivated by my recent success, I plan to continue combing the house for more items to list. It's a perfect activity for me – making money while de-cluttering!


1 comment:

Rita said...

OMGosh! that is just too weird that the guy on Craigslist was right there! Cool! Wow! I guess it is a way to declutter and make some cash. You go, girl! :)