May 2018

May 2018

Friday, December 14, 2012

Not The Flu

Last night my right ear started hurting and I couldn't hear out of it.  So this morning I camped out at the doctor's office so I could see someone as soon as possible.  I now have a severe ear infection, possibly the worse one the doctor has ever seen.  Between the infection and laryngitis, the doctor feels I never had the flu.  Instead, I had one heck of a bacterial infection.

And now I know how I got so sick.  Jonah had a bacterial infection two weeks ago.  He ran a high temperature and ended up with a double ear infection.  A few days later, Elliott got it.  And a few days after that, grandma went down.

Ironically, I'm the germaphobe of the family, always pushing the sanitizer.  But I guess no amount of sanitizer can shield a grandma who loves to give hugs and kisses.

Today I start on a 10-day antibiotic.  The doctor also prescribed an ear drop to numb the pain. Historically, within 24 hours of starting an antibiotic, I'm much better.  I'm hoping that's the case this time, because I'm also a grandma who loves to make Christmas special.


1 comment:

Rita said...

Aha! Mystery solved! You may need more than one round of antibiotics if it is that bad so be sure and go back and be checked again. I hope everybody is well for a merry, merry Christmas!! :)