May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New Flu Symptom

And now I have laryngitis.  I had no idea until hubby came home last night.  I tried to talk and nothing came out.  Literally nothing.

I've had laryngitis before, but never to this extend.  But it confirms my self-diagnosis of flu. According to the U. S. National Library of Medicine,  "The most common form of laryngitis is an infection caused by a virus, such as cold or flu viruses."  Recommended treatment is resting the voice and taking decongestants and painkillers, which is all I'm doing today.

But beyond not being able to talk, I'm much better, just low energy and minor sore throat.  So I'm hopeful I'll be well enough by Thursday to watch my two-year-old grandson all day.  I just hope I have at least a little voice by then.  If not, for sure it'll be a challenging and interesting day.


1 comment:

Rita said...

I am testing to see if the WV is gone.
Have a happy Thursday!! ;)