May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Let the Holiday Food Prep Begin!

I'm finally feeling better although my head still feels like it's stuffed with cotton.  I also still can't hear much out of my right ear, but it does seem like it's getting a tiny bit better each day.  Being me, however, I'm a little concerned about possible permanent ear damage.  The doctor never suggested such a thing, but I'll be extremely relieved when my hearing is back to my normal.

Cranberry Noels
My hubby has been great through my many days of mostly being in bed or on the couch.  Over the weekend, for example, he did a lot of holiday cleaning while I rested.

This afternoon, however, I finally was able to do some holiday food prep.  I made a batch of cookie dough, which is now in the freezer ready for baking as needed.  I prepared my favorite cookie, Martha Stewart's Cranberry Noels.  You can find the recipe at:

http://www.marthastewart.com/281888/cranberry-noels

They're super simple to make, actually too simple.  It would be so easy to whip up a batch any time of the year.  But, so far, I've only indulged at Christmas.  Can hardly wait to bake them!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Glad you are on the mend!
And even making up cookie dough. :)