May 2018

May 2018

Monday, December 10, 2012

Flu Treatment and Prevention

This morning I woke up still not feeling well.  I'm definitely getting better, but not as quickly as I had hoped.  My main concern is not being able to watch my grandsons, which means my daughter has to solicit help.  Typically that means contacting several people before finding someone who's available to watch the boys.  She was able to cover Monday and Tuesday, so I really want to be better by Wednesday.

I called the doctor's office this morning.  Although it would have been better to start within 48 hours, the doctor prescribed Tamiflu.  He also prescribed it for hubby in the hopes Jim will not get the flu, too.  At least not this time.

The nurse told me they're currently seeing a lot of flu cases, which is alarming since the season just began.  I suppose we have to be grateful for flu shots.  Just imagine the epidemic that would occur with no prevention!


No comments: