May 2018

May 2018

Friday, November 30, 2012

Never Say Never

It's tough to get detailed
shots of a Christmas tree,
but at least you can see
how thick it is with lights.
If you read or reread yesterday's post, you'll find I didn't say I would never get a big tree, again.  I've lived long enough to know better than to ever use 'never' or 'always'.

Last night, hubby brought home the Light Keeper Pro.  The good news is it works.  The bad news is it confirmed there's a wiring problem with our little five-foot tree, which is why the bottom lights no longer work.  So, after dinner, we went shopping for a new Christmas tree for the second year in a row.
There used to be a wet bar
where the tree sits.  We ripped
it out years ago.

We were both attracted to the 7.5-foot Martha Stewart Paley tree at Home Depot.  It's possibly the biggest tree we've every had, but it fits our Christmas tree spot and looks very nice.  And, after replacing two smaller trees in two years, I think we were both ready to try something new.

I spent most of today dressing the new tree and cleaning up afterward.  But I was home for the second day this week, anyway, taking care of my sick 6-year-old grandson.

However, I'm now more than ready to move on to a new project. But, without a doubt, I'll be praying daily from now through the holidays that our newest tree has no lighting problems!


No comments: