May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas Tree Frustration

Sometime yesterday afternoon, the bottom string of lights on our pre-lit tree went out.  To say I'm annoyed is an understatement. Last year, after fully decorating our 5-year-old tree, the lights went out and we ended up having to buy a new tree.  That means I dressed, undressed, and dressed a Christmas tree all in one week.  Not my idea of fun and something I definitely don't want to do, again, this year.

When hubby got home, we replaced fuses and several bulbs and all the lights worked again, for a few minutes.  I finally just went to bed thoroughly disgusted.  But, since I couldn't fall asleep right away, I did some web research and found the Light Keeper Pro. The reviews on Amazon are fantastic and, for just $20, we figure it's worth a try.

Because our cat is now living in the basement (another story), I had thought about getting a taller tree this year.  But then I remembered how much easier it is to decorate a five-foot tree.  Now I'm even more sold on smaller trees.  If I was facing the possibility of having to undress and dress an eight-footer all within a week, I would be in tears right now!


No comments: