May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Still Counting

Last week's blood tests revealed I cannot take Simvastatin.  With our current health plan, it was going to save me $55 a month if it worked.  But now I'm back on Crestor at $65 a month, hoping St. Louis County's health plan is better than what we have now.  We'll be eligible for their family plan on November 1.

At yesterday's doctor's appointment I also learned there's no problem with my thyroid.  That's good news and I'm not surprised.  However, I'm now even more frustrated with my weight plateau.  Over two months of counting calories, and depriving myself, and I've still only lost five pounds!

This situation is a first for me.  Counting calories has always worked in the past.  And it doesn't help that the doctor is not at all concerned.  She feels, overall, I have a healthy diet and am active, so I shouldn't be fretting.  Well, I'll try not to fret, but I will keep counting.  What else can I do?

No comments: