May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, September 15, 2012

More Found Cash

Yesterday, between cleaning, purging, and paper crafting, I made a double batch of banana bread and a large pot of turkey stock.  Of course, that meant I needed to also clean out a portion of my freezer.  And, again, "fall" cleaning paid off.  I found $200 stuffed in envelopes that had slid under a lip of one of my freezer drawers!

I've been stashing ones and fives in envelopes since we began going to Mexico every summer.  That way we always have plenty of tip money.  But, this year, we didn't take our annual Fourth of July trip, so I hadn't looked for my tip money in over a year.

I honestly had no idea I had saved so much money.  Except for the fact that most people don't carry cash any more, if possible, I recommend stashing your ones and fives at the end of each day or week.  I believe you too will be surprised at how quickly they add up!

No comments: