May 2018

May 2018

Monday, September 17, 2012

Our Tiger Cub Scout

Elliott's uniform before
I sewed on all the patches,
and with the lower half of the
pants zipped off.
I spent nearly five hours today sewing six patches on Elliott's Tiger Cub Scout shirt and hemming his pants.  My fingers feel like pin cushions, but I was happy to do it.  Truth is I love being the grandma who can do anything domestic, at least in my grandsons's eyes.

But it's tough for me to believe Elliott's old enough to be a scout. He's maturing so quickly these days.  I've always enjoyed our conversations, but now it's astounding how articulate he is and how much he knows.

Emily and I are taking Elliott to New York City for a three-day weekend the end of October.  It'll be his first visit to the Big Apple and I know he'll be amazed.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: