May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Blue Elephant

Available on Amazon.com.
Fifty years ago, my husband's cousin, Sharon, entered the Sisters of Loretto community.  Today was her Golden Jubilee.

The celebration gave us an opportunity to catch up on the lives of Sharon and her brother and sister.  It was fun to see how the family of my husband's only maternal aunt has grown. Sharon's brother, Don, and sister, Nina, have many children and grandchildren.  And several of my husband's first cousins once removed have traveled the world.

In fact, Jeffrey recently self-published a children's book, The Blue Elephant, which was inspired by his time in Africa.  It's a sweet book that's especially appropriate for a father to share with his daughter.  For Fathers Day, I'll be giving copies to my two nephews who have little girls.  Isn't it interesting what can come from a gathering of people.




No comments: