May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sweet Voice

Jonah somewhere between
home and Orlando.
Absolutely one of the sweetest things to hear is a two-year-old's voice on the telephone. My daughter's family has spent the last two days driving to Disney World.  Since Emily's voice is still not back to normal, I've been getting regular text updates of their progress.  But I'm also getting calls from both grandsons.

Jonah was two in March, but nearly everyone thinks he's at least three.  He's tall for his age and speaks clearly.  Plus his vocabulary is extremely advanced.  When Jonah called last night, at first I thought he was his six-year-old brother, Elliott.

Today Jonah was eager to tell me all about his latest "hurts."  Jonah's an active preschooler, so he gets a lot of scraps and bruises.  Of course, grandma always makes a big deal about Jonah's "hurties," giving him lots of hugs and kisses.  Today I did my best to express my concern over the phone.  I guess I did a good job because I got a clear "love you" at the end of our conversation.  Without a doubt, that would make anyone's day :)


No comments: