May 2018

May 2018

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Updates

On Wednesday, I finally got a good haircut.  Instead of having to wait a week or two for my hair to grow to a length I can work with, I'm enjoying this cut immediately.  While my hair is definitely better short, I hate having it extremely short.  I finally figured out I need to show my stylist medium-length styles.  By doing so, I get a generous short cut.  Lesson learned.

This past week we also solved our current office problem.  Yesterday, we let the new co-manager go. We now have to look for a replacement in the middle of our busiest season, but at least the co-manager who's been with us for over 17 years is happy again.  And that's the most important thing. Despite what one might imagine, the office manager (whether one or two) makes or breaks a pest control business.

I also made strides this week in dealing with my oven problem.  First, I learned the easiest way to clean oven racks is to place them in the tub, cover with hot water, add a cup of granular dishwasher detergent, soak 24 hours, and wipe clean.  Now my 30-year-old oven racks are clean, although the ovens still look old and used.  But, for the time being, I hope they continue to work for at least another 12-18 months.

However, I also researched new appliances and, yesterday, ended up buying the LG double built-in oven and LG microwave that match my LG refrigerator.  Our local BestBuy is closing and selling inventory at drastically reduced prices.  Plus, LG is offering a 10-percent discount on purchases of two or more appliances; and the current Missouri Sales Tax Holiday eliminated the state tax on the double oven. All in all, I saved 50 percent!  For now, we'll store the new appliances in the basement until we remodel the kitchen.  But, if my old oven or microwave quit before then, we're ready.

In summary, things are looking and feeling better in our little world.  This weekend, we plan to enjoy a moment of relief.



No comments: