May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Secret of a Long Marriage

Every night I look forward to putting on my pajamas and enjoying another quiet evening at home. Most nights are spent with my husband of 39+ years, watching television.  Jim laying on the couch with his laptop while I'm sitting on the love seat with mine.  Neither of us feeling a need to do anything more energetic or social.

Yesterday we finished the BBC series William & Mary that I got on DVD through Netflix.  Tonight we're watching Finding Your Roots, The Good Wife, and Mad Men.  I'm lucky Jim puts up with my eclectic movie and television series choices.  But, in return, I freely postpone watching favorite shows if there's a game on I know he wants to see.

I suppose the way we watch television together is an example of why our marriage works.  It's all about give and take.


No comments: