May 2018

May 2018

Monday, April 23, 2012

How Often Do You Change Your Sheets?

I hate changing the sheets.  Mainly because it's not just stripping the bed and putting on clean sheets.  It's also having to wash dirty sheets, because my small laundry room can only handle one basket of dirty items.  So stripping a queen-sized bed creates a load of wash that has to be dealt with immediately.  And that includes folding sheets right out of the dryer before they wrinkle. Honestly, it's hours of work!

Therefore, I've never been one to change the sheets every week.  My average is more like once a month.  But, recently, I watched an episode of The Martha Stewart Show that included a segment on the importance of changing sheets once a week.  So now I'm working on shortening my average time between stripping the bed.

Today I changed and washed sheets just nine days after having gone through the whole ordeal the last time.  And, I have to say, the sheets didn't look at all dirty.  But, as I learned, even if we shower before sleeping, we shed skin every night.  Who wants to lay in a build up of dead skin?  Yuck!

Nevertheless, I'll probably settle on an every-other-week schedule because I find changing sheets such a chore.  Besides, that's still be a big improvement over what I'd been doing for 60+ years!


No comments: