May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Out of My Control

I'm hoping my weekly visit to see mom at the nursing home is punishment for all my sins.  It certainly feels that way.  Mom no longer talks and looks like she's barely alive.  She's so frail I'm amazed she's still able to sit up.  Worse yet, mom's surrounded by people in the same shape, soulless beings unable to show any signs of their former personalities.

I like to think I'm handling the situation just fine, but I'm obviously not.  For the last few months, I've been grinding my teeth so badly I'm now on a daily dose of Ibuprofen to control the pain.  The last time this happened was well over ten years ago when I was in an abusive work environment.

A couple days ago, I finally pulled out the night guard I hadn't needed since I left that job.  If things don't improve, however, I'll need an upgrade.  I hate the idea of spending money on such a thing, but there's only one way out of my current situation and, this time, it's out of my control.

No comments: