May 2018

May 2018

Monday, March 5, 2012

The Zest of Life?

This morning, while I was waiting for my annual mammogram, I noticed cards defining each decade of our lives.  The 60s were described as "the zest of life."  Wow, that sure sounds like fun!

So far, however, my 60s have been more full of stress than "spirited enjoyment," a definition of zest I found online.  On a daily basis, I'm dealing with mom's health issues and dad's response to the situation.  I'm also regularly caring for my two grandsons.  In addition, I'm co-running a small business during challenging economic times.  My life is indeed "spirited," but not enough of it is pure enjoyment.

I have heard 60 is the new 50.  So maybe the cards need to be revised and "the zest of life" will happen in my 70s.  If that's true, I hope I'll still have enough energy to enjoy it!


March 1-4 - No "junk" food.

No comments: