May 2018

May 2018

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Stressful Time

This week seems to be full of nothing but stress.  On Tuesday, I saw mom for the first time in a month.  She's lost an additional 18 pounds and now weighs what I did in high school when I was fit and trim.  Mom's 5'10"; I'm 5'4".  She's so severely malnourished now her skin is breaking down.  No one at the home gives mom more than a couple more months.

But before I visited mom, I got a call about my mammogram.  The doctor found a "suspicious" area in my right breast and wanted more images.  I had a second appointment yesterday afternoon and, thankfully, it was a false alarm.  But, of course, I had a worrisome day and night as a result.

In addition, the family business is operating on a "shoe string."  For most Missouri pest control companies, the first few months of the year are extremely slow.  But business usually explodes in mid-to-late March.  After 23 years, I should be used to it.  Nevertheless, early March is always a "nail biter" for me.

It's a lot to handle all at once.  Why on earth did I pick this month to go on a "junk" food fast!


March 1-7 - No "junk" food.

No comments: