May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Saving Money

ELLE Flora Pleated Shopper
Isn't she pretty?
According to my Kohl's receipt, I saved over $500 this morning.  I just love that marketing gimmick.  Kudos to the ad person who thought of it.

Of course, I still spent over $200, but I scored some great bargains.  Sale prices with Early Bird Special pricing plus a 30% off coupon is definitely the time to shop at Kohl's.  I got several necessities, such as under garments, summer pajamas, and activewear tops and bottoms.  But, of course, I also treated myself.

My biggest splurge was a new handbag.  I've been a handbag addict for as long as I can remember.  But I've yet to spend hundreds of dollars on a single bag because I'd rather have a variety.

Today I fell for this silver ELLE bag.  I prefer totes and love the little white flowers on this one.  The tag price was $89, but I only paid $24.92.  That's a good deal, especially since I now have my Easter outfit.  To me, it doesn't matter if my clothes are old as long as I have a new handbag.

However, I did get $40 in Kohl's Cash today to use next week.  Maybe I'll find a new outfit to go with my new handbag.  For sure, I look forward to seeing how much more money I save!


March 1-6 - No "junk" food.

No comments: