May 2018

May 2018

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Epiphany

As mom's Alzheimer's Disease worsens, dad is doubting, more and more, the existence of God and heaven.  Nevertheless, last week his acceptance of mom's impending death changed so drastically I believe he had an epiphany.

When mom was bedridden with the flu last week, dad could not get through a conversation without crying.  I was extremely concerned, especially since he wasn't sleeping.  Then, all of a sudden, there was a noticeable change.

Dad now says he'll be sad when mom passes, but realizes death will be the best thing.  And he's able to say it in complete control of his emotions.  This drastic change happened after dad finally got a good night's sleep.  I'm beginning to believe he had a spiritual visitation that night.

In all honesty, however, as I age, I too have days when I doubt my faith.  Nevertheless, there are still many times when my faith is the only thing getting me through the day.


March 1-8 - No "junk" food.

No comments: