May 2018

May 2018

Friday, January 13, 2012

Movie Review

In an attempt to lift my spirits, I went to the movies today and saw Iron Lady with Meryl Streep.  I have to agree with all the reviews I've read.  The movie is not well written and extremely disjointed, jumping from one flashback to another.  And, instead of a history lesson, it's more a depiction of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's struggles with Alzheimer's Disease. Nevertheless, Iron Lady is certainly another "feather" in Streep's "cap."  I have no doubt the movie will get her nominated for another Academy Award.

After the movie, I learned that all the sewer pipes at home were fully functioning, again.  I spent most of the afternoon cleaning bedrooms and bathrooms, doing several loads of wash, and running the dishwasher.  I feel so much better!

No comments: