May 2018

May 2018

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

"Me" Day

Today was a "Me" Day.  I don't have Jonah on Wednesdays and, during the Read, Right, Run program, Elliott's parents take him to school early on Wednesday mornings.  I didn't even have to meet Elliott's bus after school, today, because Emily picked him up for a regular doctor's appointment.

I started the day with a facial and my first professional peel. Unfortunately, going in, I didn't know I had to avoid getting hot for 24 hours after a peel.  Nevertheless, I was determined to fit in some type of workout today, and ended up doing two slower shorter-than-normal sessions on the stationary bike.

Then I watched Innocents Lost, starring Tom Selleck as Jesse Stone.  I've been working my way through the entire Stone series.  I don't know why it seems indulgent to watch a movie in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week, but it does.  I imagine it's because I still feel Mondays through Fridays are for work, and no play, unless I'm on vacation.  It doesn't seem to matter that I work on the company books most evenings and Saturdays.  I guess it's just old thinking that will take time to change.

After the movie, I spent the rest of the day reading The Highest Tide by Jim Lynch.  It's a coming-of-age book set along the Puget Sound, a place I hope to visit some day.  It's Lynch's first novel and I find it hard to put down.

All in all, it was a slow peaceful day, which I truly needed.  I'm now feeling less stressed and a bit recharged.  I absolutely need to schedule at least one "Me" Day a month.

No comments: