May 2018

May 2018

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Finding Time To Workout

The truth is some things are easier for men.  In particular, working out is not nearly the time commitment it is for women.  I honestly would exercise nearly every day if all I had to do after is take a quick shower.

When I worked in an office, I envied the men who worked out during their lunch hours.  There was no way I could work out, shower, and redo my hair and makeup in 60 minutes.  For one thing, it takes 30-40 minutes after working out for my body to cool down to normal and my face to no longer look like a red beet!

Working from home, I thought it would be easier to fit in workouts, since I no longer have to look presentable everyday.  But it's basically the same problem.  Each day I look for a two hour gap in my schedule and, most of the time, it's just not there.

I now envy my 81-year-old dad who has plenty of time to swim an hour a day, six days a week. Together with his healthy diet, he's in better shape than he's been in decades.

Life is not fair in so many ways.

No comments: