May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Welcome Back!

I'm a big fan of television.  As a multi-tasker, I appreciate that it entertains and educates while I'm doing one or more other things such as crafting, cooking, researching, exercising, cross stitching, or watching Jonah.  Television is an amazing invention that just keeps getting better.  (Although I'm still not sold on 3D.)

A new television season starts this week.  To wet our appetites, Parenthood returned last week, which made me realize how much I've missed several series. In addition to Parenthood, I'm especially looking forward to new episodes of The Mentalist, GleeThe Good Wife, and In the Middle.

Of all the new shows being promoted, however, I'm only curious about Pan Am, and that's just because of Entertainment Weekly's description.  The video promos led me to believe it would be a silly show about cute stewardesses.  In fact, it's about the experiences of a former Pan Am flight attendant.  I'm hoping it will be as historically accurate as Mad Men.

With Roku, Netflix, Charter's On Demand, and DVDs, there's never a need to watch reruns.  But sometimes I do simply because I miss the characters.  I'm happy, therefore, to be welcoming back old friends.

No comments: