May 2018

May 2018

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pennies Per Wear

The temperature never got above 78 degrees today.  What a welcome change! But it also got me thinking that soon I will not be able to wear shorts everyday.

When watching my grandsons, I wear either leisure shorts or pants.  But I like the option of jeans on weekends.  It's not because they're so comfortable.  Far from it.  It's because they're youthful and stylish.

Up until four or five years ago, however, I never had a pair of jeans I absolutely loved.  Then one day while shopping at Kmart, I decided to try on a pair of Jaclyn Smith's Angel Fit Bootcut Jeans.  Not only did they fit, but they actually made me look smaller.  Plus they weren't uncomfortable.  But, best of all, they were less than $18!

Since that day, Jaclyn Smith's Angel Fit Bootcut Jeans are the only ones I wear except for a pair of trouser style jeans I found somewhere else.  Because our local Kmart never has a large inventory, several times I've had to order them online.  But I've never paid more than $18.  Their regular price is $24.95, but they always seem to be on sale.  Just like today when I got two pair on sale for $17.49 each.

I know jeans can cost several hundred dollars.  And, honestly, I'd be willing to pay close to $100 if I found a comfortable pair of stylish jeans that looked good on me. I know that sounds extravagant, but when you consider the per wear cost of something you reach for often, it's not that bad.  But I much prefer a pennies per wear cost and hope Kmart continues carrying my favorite jeans for a long time.



No comments: